Thursday, August 13, 2009

Besan Ladoo



L for Ladoos

I made ladoos when Obama won the presidency. I lost a bet and was never happier to lose. It took me all day (exaggerating here) but it was worth it. I got the recipe on the internet and it follows. Besan is chickpea flour.

Ingredients of besan laddoo :
2 cups gram flour (besan)
11/2 cup sugar (grinded)
1 cup ghee
1 tsp each almonds, pistachios, cashew nuts (chopped)

Preparation of besan ke ladoo:

* In a kadhai mix gram flour and ghee over a low heat.
* Keep constantly stirring to avoid lumps.
* When it releases an appetizing smell, it is ready.
(they speak so casually here - it took about 2 and a half hours to get to this point. So make this if you have a lot of time).
* Remove from the heat and allow it to cool.
* Add sugar and nuts to the gram flour and mix thoroughly.
* Now form ping-pong size balls of the mixture.
* Besan Laddoo are ready to be served.

Wonder what I would've served if McCain won- cowdung patties.

Until I eat again!

1 comment:

  1. Dear G, don't you use any liquid when making balls? hwo do you make balls out of dry powdered mix? also if you add elaichi and raisins...it will be yum!

    ReplyDelete